Rx Mobility and PK Compounder Rx integrate tightly. This ensures a much improved workflow in your compounding lab. Plus it reduces phones calls, downtime and interruptions.
Here is a summary of how the systems work together so you can consider the program in the context of workflow improvements in your pharmacy.
- The app has been modified with a quick refill section connected to PK.
- When the patients enters a script number and date of birth into the app, Rx Mobility requests PK to verify the patient and the script.
- If both the script number AND date of birth are valid, the app sends the refill into the PK To Do list. Plus the app is uploaded with relevant details about the script.
- If there is an issue with the script, the patient is sent a message outlining the issue. The refill will be in the To Do list. The issue could be 1 or several of:
- the script has no refills remaining.
- the patient is refilling too soon.
- the script has no expiration date.
- the script has expired.
- There is a detailed blog post on these messages.
- The app auto updates the script number when a pharmacist uses the command Create a New Script from Old in PK.
- Refill reminders are sent automatically to patients based on data in the Days Supply in PK.
- The compounding lab & delivery lead-time can also be factored into the refill reminder so the reminder can be sent early to the patient. More details here
- In PK, scripts coming from the app are highlighted with an Rx Mobility flag.
- At the Completion Station, PK sends Rx Mobility a “dispensed” message. The patient is sent a push message alert confirming it is ready. If the patient previously updated the refill with shipping method, then the alert contains information on the selected delivery mechanism.
- Rx Mobility works with the 3 workflow in PK: RxWatch, Location Tracker and Validation.
- If your process does not have a completion station and you wish to manually send a message to the patient that the script is ready, then you can do so using the Rx Mobility Pharmacy Portal.
- Rx Mobility is included on the Refill Reminder, Log of Scripts and Data Mining reports in PK.
Related Blog Posts
Rx Mobility is really easy to use and works seamlessly with PK Compounder Rx to lower call volume, reduce lab interruptions, improve patient compliance and increase refill revenue.
Already, many PCCA members have experienced the benefits.
For more information on any of these topics or to get in touch simply click above